Strawberry Yoghurt Sorbet
GLUTEN FREE, VEGETARIAN
100g raw sugar
500g Greek-style natural yoghurt, unsweetened
250g strawberries, hulled and frozen
- Place sugar in TM bowl, mill for 10 seconds, speed 9.
- Add water, milk and yoghurt, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Pour into a shallow container, seal and freeze for a minimum of 12 hours.
- To make sorbet, remove yoghurt mixture from container and using a large knife cut into 8 pieces.
- Place yoghurt blocks and frozen strawberries in TM bowl. Process for 30 seconds, speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl. Continue to mix on speed 6, assisting with spatula until mixture resembles sorbet.
Serve with fresh strawberries.
Variation: Substitute strawberries for other frozen berries or fruit such as mangos or apricots.
Health Tip: Strawberries contain vitamin C, potassium, beta-carotene, lutein and ellagic acid.52
Like this recipe? It comes from our cookbook ‘Quick Fix in the Thermomix‘.