Banana & Coconut Bread
MAKES 1 LOAF
VEGETARIAN, DAIRY FREE
400g can coconut milk
1 dsp vanilla extract
300g wholemeal spelt flour
1 tbsp baking powder
300g castor sugar
135g shredded coconut
3 very ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 10cm x 30cm bread tin with baking paper.
- Place coconut milk, eggs and vanilla extract in TM bowl. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Add in spelt flour, baking powder, castor sugar and shredded coconut. Mix for 30 seconds, reverse speed 4.
- Add in bananas and mix for 45 seconds, reverse speed 3.
- Pour mixture into bread tin and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until cooked. Cover with foil after the first 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing from tin.
Serve bread fresh or lightly toasted.
Health Tip: Bananas are an excellent source of potassium which may help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Like what you see? This recipe comes straight from our first cookbook ‘Quick Fix in the Thermomix‘