Thermomix Curried Pumpkin Soup
There is nothing better than a nourishing, delicious meal prepared in under 30 minutes that the whole family will love! This free recipe is exactly that — a beautifully creamy pumpkin soup, with an Asian twist. Using coconut milk, this soup is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan, catering for all dietary requirements. This soup also contains coconut oil, an astounding superfood with a long list of health benefits, so this is one seriously super healthy soup.
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, VEGETARIAN, VEGAN
3cm knob ginger, peeled
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 brown onion, peeled and halved
1 long red chilli, seeds removed
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
800g pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
400g coconut milk
1 ½ tbsp stock concentrate
Salt, to taste
Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place ginger, garlic, onion and chilli, chop for 6 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add curry powder and coconut oil, sauté for 5 minutes, 100oC, speed 1.
- Add pumpkin, grate for 10 seconds, speed 8.
- Add water, coconut milk and stock concentrate, cook for 18 minutes, 100oC, speed 2.
- Add salt, puree for 30 seconds, speed 9.
Pour soup into bowls and garnish with coriander.