Gingerbread & Sultana Cookies
75g raw sugar
1 cinnamon stick
50g golden syrup
150g wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place sugar, cinnamon and cloves in TM bowl, mill for 30 seconds, speed 9.
- Add butter and golden syrup, melt for 3 minutes, 60°C, speed 3.
- Add egg, flour, ginger, vanilla extract, baking soda and sultanas, mix for 10 seconds, reverse speed 4.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and place heaped teaspoons of mixture well-spaced out on to tray. Multiple trays may be needed.
- Bake for approximately 7 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden in colour. Allow cookies to cool before removing from tray.
Health Tip: Spelt has a wider range of nutrients than the wheat family, including manganese, copper, zinc, and is an excellent source of protein.Add any additional notes here.