Christmas Menu Planning
We’ve also come up with a list of a few recipes that can be prepared in advance that we think would be great during the festive season:
- Egg and Bacon Pies (Quick Fix: Every Occasion) – have a tray of these (uncooked) in the fridge Christmas Eve and place in a preheated oven Christmas morning. Breakfast will be ready 20 minutes later, no work required, so you can focus on present opening!
- Chunky Spinach and Cashew Dip (Miniseries: Low Carb) – serve with vegetable sticks and crackers for an easy snack or starter. Accompany with roasted bell peppers for festive red and green colour. Can be made up to a week in advance.
- Beetroot, Pear and Feta Salad (Quick Fix in the Thermomix) – a light salad, the perfect accompaniment to rich Christmas meats and potato bakes. Make in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tropical Ice Creams (Quick Fix: Every Occasion) – replace the passionfruit and mango coulis with raspberry and red wine coulis (Quick Fix in the Thermomix) for a beautiful red and white dessert served straight from the freezer. Perfect for hot days.
- Individual Christmas Puddings (Quick Fix in the Thermomix) – make these puddings weeks in advance and store wrapped in foil in the fridge. Steam for 20 minutes to heat before serving.
- Pot Plant Ice Cream (Quick Fix: Every Occasion) – replace the fondant flower with a fondant Christmas tree. The ice cream can be made weeks in advance and can be served straight from the freezer!
- White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies (Quick Fix: Every Occasion) – cranberries are a quintessential Christmas ingredient, serve these cookies with tea and coffee. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Peach Bellini (Quick Fix: Every Occasion) – have a batch of the peach puree stored in the fridge ready to dress up any bottle of sparkling. Will keep for a week refrigerated.
Hope that helps your menu planning!
Happy Christmas x