Middle Eastern Thermomix Chicken Salad
This free recipe is a light and fresh summer salad, perfect for when you’re after something not-too-heavy but that will also be satiating and delicious. This Middle Eastern salad serves 6, so it’s great for entertaining and for large family dinners. It can also be made in advance and keeps well, making it the perfect lunch on the go. It is gluten free, low carb and can easily be made dairy free with a few ingredient swaps, making it one super healthy salad.
1 lemon, rind and juice
80g sesame seeds
1 tbsp cumin, ground
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
1 kg chicken tenderloins
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Handful flat leaf parsley
50g olive oil
30g pomegranate molasses
15g agave syrup
Salt, to taste
400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled & cubed
400g mixed cherry tomatoes, quartered
250g Greek yoghurt
Pomegranate arils or pomegranate juice, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place lemon rind in TM bowl, zest for 10 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down sides.
- Add hazelnuts, sesame seeds, cumin, salt and coriander seeds, chop for 4 seconds, speed 6. Set aside on large dinner plate.
- Dip chicken tenderloins individually in beaten egg and then coat both sides in hazelnut crumb. Place on lined baking tray and bake for 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, without cleaning TM bowl, add parsley and chop for 5 seconds, speed 6.
- Add olive oil, pomegranate molasses, agave, salt and lemon juice, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add chickpeas, mix for 5 seconds, reverse speed 1.
- Toss rocket, cucumber and tomatoes together and arrange on a large serving platter. Top with chickpea mixture and cooked chicken. Dot with yoghurt and serve garnished with pomegranate arils or juice.
Variation: Chicken tenderloins are ideal for this recipe, but can be replaced with strips of chicken breast. Cooking time will be similar.