Cauliflower, Pancetta & Lentil Soup in Thermomix
This free recipe is the ultimate antidote to feeling frosty: a delicious piping hot soup that the whole family will love. This soup is no starter; it not only has a variety of super nutritious vegetables, it also has potatoes and lentils to make it a very hearty main meal. It’s full of flavour from the winning combination of sautéed leek and garlic, and topped off with some crispy salty pancetta that cuts through the creaminess for an amazing taste explosion! This soup is so easy to make, and the kids will love it, making it the perfect quick fix for cold winter nights when you can’t wait to be snuggled up on the couch. Serve with some warm crusty bread or grissini and you have a seriously superb meal.
1 leek, ends trimmed and quartered
2 garlic cloves, peeled
20g olive oil
½ cauliflower, roughly chopped (approx. 400g)
200g potato, peeled and roughly chopped
750g chicken stock
2 tsp stock concentrate
6 slices pancetta, cut into 6
400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- Place leek and garlic in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil, sauté for 5 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add cauliflower, potato, stock, cream and stock concentrate and cook for 20 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Meanwhile, heat fry pan over high heat. Add pancetta and cook until wrinkled and crispy.
- Turn heat to low and add lentils. Cook for a further 1 minute moving constantly, warming the lentils and coating in the rendered pancetta fat.
- Puree soup for 30 seconds, slowly increasing from speed 1 to 9.
Divide soup between 4 serving bowls and top with a spoonful of lentils and pancetta.