Our Thermomix Varoma Cooking Class
The Varoma opens up a world of possibility in the Thermomix, so learn how to make the most of it with our entertaining and educational Varoma cooking class! We’ll be teaching you how to multilayer cook with the help of this seriously underrated accessory, and in turn, show you how to maximise your cooking capacity, halve your cooking time and double the flavour of your dishes. By the end of this class you will be able to master steamed desserts, quick-fix yet impressive mains fit for weeknight family meals and dinner parties alike, and be confident in cooking more elaborate dishes incorporating seafood, beef and lamb.
Each attendee will go home with a class-exclusive recipe booklet, which you can fill with your notes throughout the session. Many recipes will be taught with variations, so that they can be adapted for different dietary requirements. In this class we will be making (and tasting):
- Linguine with flaked salmon and vegetables
- Blueberry bagels
- Beef, potato & beetroot salad
- Horseradish hollandaise
- Hazelnut crusted rack of lamb
- Asparagus and Dutch carrots with honey glaze
- Smokey smashed potatoes, and
- Sticky fig & date pudding with coffee toffee sauce
As a result of this class, you will have developed advanced Thermomix skills and will know:
- How to steam in the Varoma
- How to cook for a crowd with your Thermomix
- How to multi-layer cook and cook different foods at the same time
- How to adapt meals for different eating preferences
- How to steam meats to perfection
- How to steam in dariole moulds
- How to shape bagels
- Twice cook potatoes for crispy outside and fluffy inside
- A variety of foods that can be steamed
- The health benefits of steam cooking
You’ll be steaming your way to quick-fix success in no time!
alyce alexandra cooking classes are relaxed and intimate, with 24 people or less. Sit back and enjoy a glass of wine or cup of coffee while tasting all the delicious morsels of food being prepared in front of you. Our presenters are always open for questions, and will be teaching you many of their most useful Thermomix secrets along the way. Some recipes will be from alyce alexandra’s cookbooks, while others will be exclusive recipes to the classes.
Presenting this class is Janene Babauskis, a well-respected and long-standing member of the Thermomix community. Janene was Victoria’s first Thermomix Branch Manager and worked with the company for eight years. She now focuses solely on running independent specialist Thermomix cooking classes with the AA team, where she shares her years of experience and wisdom, helping you to make the most of this amazing machine.