Festive Thermomix Rocky Road
Our festive rocky road is such an easy recipe, and makes a huge amount that keeps for up to a month (if it lasts that long!). Perfect for gifting, and also keeping on hand for last-minute social calls. It’s a winning combination of flavours – creamy marshmallows, sweet Turkish delight, sour cherries, crunchy nuts all encased in delicious chocolate. Add and subtract ingredients as you like – try dried cranberries, lolly mint leaves, coconut chips, dried rose petals, hazelnuts.. anything you’ve got on hand. We’ve used milk chocolate in this recipe, but it works equally well with dark chocolate for a more adult version.
500g milk chocolate
400g white marshmallows, cut into 2cm cubes
200g rose Turkish delight, cut into 1cm cubes
100g slithered almonds, toasted
80g sour cherries
50g desiccated coconut
- Place 250g chocolate in TM bowl, grate for 8 seconds, speed 6
- Melt for 3 minutes, 50˚C, speed 1. Scrape down sides.
- Add remaining 250g chocolate, mix for 2 minutes, 37˚C, speed 3.
- Pour enough melted chocolate into a lined slice tin (approximately 40x30x3cm) to thinly cover the base, assisting with a spatula. Tightly pack marshmallows on top of chocolate. Sprinkle with half the Turkish delight, nuts, cherries and coconut.
- Cover mixture with remaining chocolate, ensuring there are no large gaps. Sprinkle with remaining Turkish delight, nuts, cherries and coconut. Leave to set at room temperature.
Once set, remove from tin and cut into squares using a large knife. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Variation: Add and subtract ingredients as you like – try dried cranberries, lolly mint leaves, coconut chips, dried rose petals or hazelnuts.