Thermomix Coconut Lamb Curry
This recipe is 100% super healthy approved; it’s full of healthy spices and superfoods, and totally gluten and dairy-free. It’s also as kind on your wallet as it is on your body because you’ll have many of these ingredients already in your pantry, and since we’re slow cooking, you can use cheaper cuts of meat. This recipe makes 8 generous serves — perfect for a big family or when you have guests, and if you don’t, simply freeze in portions and defrost on demand for quick weeknight dinners.
P.S. This curry is perfectly suitable for kids; to up the spice-factor, add some fresh chilli!
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 brown onions, peeled and halved
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp turmeric, ground
1 tsp nutmeg, ground
1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
20g coconut oil
400g coconut milk
70g stock concentrate
2kg lamb leg, diced
Flaked coconut, to serve
Coriander leaves, to serve
Fresh chilli, to serve
Lime juice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place seeds in TM bowl, dry roast for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
- Mill for 10 seconds, speed 10.
- Add onion, garlic, turmeric, nutmeg and chilli, chop for 6 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut oil, sauté for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
- Add coconut milk, stock concentrate and water, mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Place lamb in a large casserole dish and pour over coconut mixture. Cover dish with a tight fitting lid and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 1 hour.
Serve curry topped with flaked coconut, coriander, fresh chilli and a squeeze of lime juice.