Maple Pear Thermomix Cheesecake Parfaits
Our maple pear cheesecake parfait is a seriously scrumptious dessert that was inspired by our Creative Director Loryn’s sweet-treat preferences. Cheesecake is by far her favourite guilty pleasure, but in her words ‘the base is a waste’, so we decided to cut out the cookies and focus just on the best stuff — the creamy, fluffy cheesecake mixture. We’ve used seasonal pears and warming winter ingredients like maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon to make this dessert perfect for chilly weather. Layer your fruit compote and cheese mixture in a glass jar and top with Persian fairy floss (which you can pick up from The TM Shop) for a gorgeously flirty dessert, fit for celebrating any occasion.
4 Bosc pears, peeled, cored & diced into 1.5cm cubes
1 lemon, juice only
100g brown sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
200g cream cheese, roughly chopped
320g thick cream
80g maple syrup
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Place pears, lemon juice and brown sugar in TM bowl, cook for 6 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed soft, MC removed.
- Add cornflour and cinnamon, cook for 4 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 1, MC removed. Set mixture aside to cool.
- In clean TM bowl, place cream cheese, mix for 6 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down sides.
- Add cream, maple syrup and vanilla, mix for 15 seconds, speed 4. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Fill the bottom of 4 small glasses or jars with pear mixture, then pipe on a layer of cheesecake. Repeat with remaining mixtures and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
Top with Persian fairy floss and serve chilled.
Chefs’ Tip: If you don’t have a piping bag, simply transfer mixture to a zip-lock bag and seal. Snip the corner of the bag with a pair of scissors and you’ve got a DIY piping bag!
Variation: You could also use a thinner cream if necessary; mix at step 4 for 30 seconds, speed 6, or until mixture has thickened.