Winter Warming Cooking in the Thermomix
When it’s that time of year again — record temperature lows, frosted windows and even longer struggles to pull yourself out of bed in the morning — try to focus on the wonderful things about winter, like cuddling up on the couch, open fires and, best of all, winter warming cooking! Keep reading for some great ways to heat things up in the kitchen in winter.
Our cookbooks and free website recipes are loaded with ideas to keep your cooking inspired during the colder months. There’s so many soups to choose from, with our famous curried pumpkin soup or cauliflower, pancetta and lentil soup from our free recipes; our Moroccan lamb soup from Quick Fix in the Thermomix; or our cauliflower and broccoli soup from miniseries: low carb.
Each of these recipes are full of rich and hearty ingredients, guaranteed to leave you satisfied while keeping you warm, but if you’re after something a little heavier, try our chickpea and chorizo stew from Quick Fix: Every Occasion.
Try adding some of the warming recipes below to your routine too, and take the edge off this winter!
- Slow cooked beef osso bucco from miniseries: super healthy (and serve it with our cauliflower purée!)
- Vegetable chilli from Quick Fix in the Thermomix
- Bolognese vegetable bake from Quick Fix in the Thermomix
- Coconut lamb curry from our free recipes (and heat things up even more with some tomato kasoundi on the side)
- Spicy seafood soup from miniseries: low carb
- Duck and green olives from Quick Fix: Every Occasion (a perfect choice for winter entertaining)
- Sticky fig and date puddings from Quick Fix in the Thermomix
- Chai tea or spiced hot chocolate from Quick Fix: Every Occasion
Cold sandwiches and salads don’t quite cut it for lunch breaks when it’s freezing outside — you need something piping hot to keep you going through the rest of the chilly day. And our new Thermos food jars will help you do just that!
We love these jars because they will keep your TM-made food piping hot in winter way past lunch time, and can contain generous single servings of your favourite hot meals, from risottos and pastas to soups, stews, and stir-fried noodles. There’s also kids’ sizes available, so they can eat warm and keep warm during playtime too.
Because they’re from Thermos, you can trust that these products are super high quality, durable, BPA free and will last you many winters to come. Pick yours up here.
Happy winter warming!
xo The AA Team