Alyce's Jumbo Bread Loaf in the Thermomix
This bread recipe is so simple and delicious, and is guaranteed to get you a truly great loaf when used in conjunction with your Mackie’s jumbo tin. The Thermomix makes the kneading a breeze, the tin does all the shaping for forming for you, and the recipe will make sure you get the perfect dough. With this recipe in your repertoire, you’ll never settle for store bought again!
MAKES 1 LOAF
DAIRY FREE, VEGETARIAN, VEGAN
2½ tsp yeast
1½ tsp raw sugar
750g baker’s flour
2½ tsp salt
- Place water, yeast and sugar in TM bowl. Warm for 4 minutes, 37˚C, speed 1. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt, mix for 7 seconds, speed 7.
- Knead for 3 minutes, interval speed. Place dough in a large oiled bowl, cover and set aside to double in size.
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface and gently push down on dough. Shape into an oblong, creating tension by tucking the outside of the dough underneath itself. Place dough into jumbo bread tin, cover and leave to rise up to 2cm from the top of the tin.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 230˚C.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Slide bread out of tin and place on oven rack. Bake for a further 10 minutes, or until top is a golden brown.
Bread is done when it is hollow sounding when knocked on base. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Quick Tip: Different batches of flours can give different results, and the weather can also affect your dough. If it is too sticky after kneading, add a little more flour and knead for a little longer.