Thermomix Honey Poached Pears w. Honeyed Ricotta
Given that Spring is the peak period for honey collection, it’s only appropriate that this month’s recipe capitalise on that fact with a yummy honey recipe: honey poached pears with honeyed ricotta!
This recipe is as versatile as it is delicious, and you’ll find that you can use both elements in a huge variety of dishes. It’s also enviably easy to make: the pears are actually steamed, rather than poached, and the ricotta is simply whipped with honey for a twist on the traditional dessert cream. This is a great gluten-free dessert option in it’s own right, and also makes an amazing (and healthier) icing alternative for cakes. We served ours with some fluffy fresh pancakes and it went down a treat! If we’ve inspired a Saturday morning pancake cook-up in your home, try our Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes recipe from Quick Fix in the Thermomix, or our gluten-free Almond Pancakes from miniseries: low carb.
GLUTEN FREE, VEGETARIAN
100g cream cheese, roughly chopped
250g fresh ricotta, roughly chopped
4 Bosc pears, peeled, quartered & cored
1 lemon, juice and rind
100g brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
½ vanilla bean, split down middle
- Place cream cheese and 75g honey in TM bowl, mix for 5 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 6.
- Add ricotta, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, or until combined and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a clean TM bowl, place water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and remaining 50g honey. Divide the pears evenly between the upper and lower Varoma steaming tray, and drizzle with lemon juice. Steam for 20 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 1.
- Remove cooked pears. Continue to steam any remaining uncooked pears for a further 5 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 1.
- Once all pears are cooked, check steaming liquid – if it is not syrupy, continue cooking for a further 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 1.
Serve pears and syrup warm with honeyed ricotta on top of pancakes
Variation: Use honeyed ricotta as an icing or serve with cakes instead of cream. The honey poached pears make a delicious dessert served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.