Thermomix Molten Rum & Chocolate Puddings
This free recipe was made for all our very special dads for Father’s Day (but it naturally goes down a treat all year round). We are yet to meet a dad who doesn’t like to indulge on the first Sunday of September, and the indulgence of choice always seems to be something decadent, chocolatey and spiked. So that’s why we created this dessert, which has all those things and more. They have everything you want out of a celebratory dessert: crunchy on the outside, soft and oozy in the middle, and ridiculously rich and delicious. Top it with a dollop of ice cream for the perfect way to end dad’s day. It takes less than half an hour to make, too, so you can spend more time doting on dad than in the kitchen.
125g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
125g butter, roughly chopped
70g dark rum
200g brown sugar
125g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
10g cocoa powder
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place chocolate in TM bowl, grate for 5 seconds, speed 8.
- Add butter, melt for 2 minutes, 50°C, speed 3.
- Insert butterfly. Add rum, sugar and eggs, beat for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add flour, baking powder and cocoa, mix for 20 seconds, speed 3. Divide mixture evenly between 2 ovenproof dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until puddings spring back when lightly touched but are still wobbly and gooey in the middle — you can check by inserting a skewer.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.