Old Fashioned Yoyos - Thermomix recipe
250g raw sugar
400g butter, roughly chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract
270g plain flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place 50g sugar in TM bowl, mill for 20 seconds, speed 10.
- Add 280g butter and vanilla, chop for 10 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further 30 seconds, speed 4.
- Add flour and cornflour, mix for 15 seconds, speed 3. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 3, or until mixture comes together. Refrigerate mixture for approximately 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll mixture into approximately 36 small balls, 3cm in diameter and arrange on a lined tray. Press down gently on each ball with the back of a fork, dipping the fork in flour for each indentation to prevent from sticking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not remove biscuits from tray until cool.
- Meanwhile, mill remaining 200g sugar for 20 seconds, speed 10.
- Add remaining 120g butter and lemon juice, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, or until a creamy texture.
- When biscuits are completely cool, spread half with icing 3-4mm thick and gently sandwich a second biscuit on top.
Store in an airtight container.