Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegetarian
400g sushi rice, rinsed
90g rice wine vinegar
20g white sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp wasabi paste
1 egg yolk
Salt, to taste
10g toasted sesame oil
70g grapeseed oil
1 carrot, shredded
1 cucumber, shredded
1 avocado, thinly sliced
2 nori sheets, thinly chopped using scissors
40g pickled ginger
Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Fill TM bowl with 1L water. Place rice in steamer basket, cook for 23 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 4, MC removed.
- Transfer rice from steamer basket to a large bowl and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a cup.
- Using a flat paddle or wooden spoon break up clumps of the rice while slowly incorporating the vinegar mixture. Continue folding the rice for a further 5 minutes, then allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place wasabi paste, shoyu, egg yolk and salt in TM bowl, mix for 5 seconds, speed 4.
- Set blades rotating on speed 4 for 1 minute, while slowly pouring toasted sesame oil and grapeseed oil over the MC.
Divide cooled rice between 4 serving bowls. Top with vegetables, nori and ginger, drizzle with wasabi dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Variation: Shoyu can be replaced with tamari or soy sauce
Quick Tip: Using a julienne peeler is the easiest way to shred cucumber and carrot (pictured).