I’m sure you all know by now how much we LOVE green smoothies here at AAHQ! However if you’re new in town, here’s our top 3 reasons:
1. Health: With a green smoothie you can pack in so many nutritional powerhouse ingredients that you otherwise wouldn’t be eating (think kale for breakfast!)
2. No waste: Blend any limp greens and veggies into your green smoothie – once they are blended no one will know they weren’t fit for the salad bowl!
3. Convenient: Make green smoothies the night before so you always have a delicious and easily transportable meal or snack on the go.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy free, Gluten free
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 banana, halved and frozen
50g baby spinach leaves
100g cucumber, roughly chopped
500g pineapple, roughly chopped
3cm knob ginger, peeled
1 lime, peeled
1 tsp probiotic powder (optional)
750g coconut water
- Place chia seeds in TM bowl, mill for 30 seconds, speed 9.
- Add banana, spinach, cucumber, pineapple, ginger, probiotic and 50g coconut water. Pulverise for 30 seconds, speed 9.
- Set timer for 1 minute, speed 9, while slowly pouring remaining coconut water onto the lid.