(BROWNIE + COOKIE = BROOKIE)
We've got a special guest at AAHQ! Craig is here to show us his famous Brookie recipe in the Thermomix. This decadent recipe is one you must try! Cook along with us at home.
Recipe by Craig Miles, edited by alyce alexandra
Gluten free, Vegetarian
350g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa
150g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Chocolate chips, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place 200g dark chocolate in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
- Place remaining 150g dark chocolate in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 7.
- Add back in grated chocolate and butter. Melt for 4 minutes, 50°C, speed 3.5, stopping once to scrape down chocolate from sides and bottom of bowl. Set melted chocolate aside in a large bowl.
- Without cleaning TM bowl, insert butterfly. Add sugar, cornflour, baking powder, eggs and vanilla, mix 15 seconds, speed 3. Add mixture to melted chocolate and, using a spatula, fold together. Mixture will be runny initially but keep folding until soft dough is formed.
- Using a dessert spoon, place scoops of mixture onto a lined baking tray keeping as much height as possible. Stud with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until a metal skewer comes out clean when tested.
Allow to sit undisturbed on tray for a minimum of 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
To avoid baking paper, we always use our trusty silicone baking mats - check them out here.