Thermomix Vegan Mac & Cheese
Dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free (option)
500g macaroni shell pasta
1 brown onion, peeled and halved
3 garlic cloves, peeled
30g macadamia oil
150g raw cashews
350g vegetable stock
2.5 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp cumin seeds, ground
1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
5 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
½ tsp salt
80g frozen corn
80g frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions on stove.
- Meanwhile, place garlic and onion in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil, sauté for 5 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add cashews, stock, cornflour, cumin, chilli, yeast flakes and salt, blend for 40 seconds, speed 9, or until smooth.
- Add frozen vegetables, mix for 10 seconds, reverse speed 3.
- Cook for 8 minutes, 90°C, reverse speed 3.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, pour over cheesy cashew sauce from TM bowl and fold through.
Enjoy vegan cheesy heaven!
Variation: Use gluten free pasta to make this recipe gluten free.