It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And we’ve got just the recipe to bring some festive cheer. This shortbread is a delectably simple sweet treat, great for making with children. Cut them out using all different cutters, then offer to guests or gift away! While we’ve developed this recipe specifically with Christmas in mind, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy these delicious morsels any time of year.
100g white rice
75g raw sugar
300g plain flour
250g butter, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place rice in TC bowl, mill for 3 minutes, speed 10, or until finely ground.
- Add sugar, mill for 10 seconds, speed 10.
- Add flour and butter, mix for 10 seconds, speed 7.
- Tip mixture onto a clean work surface and bring together into a dough. Roll just under 1 cm thick. Use a heart-shaped cutter to cut out biscuits and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just starting to colour around the edges. Allow to cool on baking tray for a minimum of 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to one month.