Flourless Beetroot Chocolate Tart
Sometimes it is not easy to find a good cake that is fluffy and also gluten free. This Thermomix flourless beetroot chocolate tart is like heaven on a dessert plate. You can serve it slightly warm just after you’ve baked it or cold with some fresh Greek style yogurt. I would highly recommend adding some whole nuts and pouring the batter into a square tin to make brownies. You will be the most popular person at lunch time, that is for sure. This cake does contain eggs but trust me, it is worth it.
This Thermomix flourless beetroot chocolate tart is the perfect dessert for anyone who loves making something sweet but cannot eat gluten or refined sugar. It is also dairy free and is one of the delicious recipes in my brand new recipe collection Supercharged
- 125g dark chocolate (minimum 70%), in small chunks
- 300g cooked beetroot, peeled
- 4 large eggs
- 40g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g raw cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 125g ground almonds
- 40g olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Line a 22cm loose bottom tart tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the chocolate in the mixing bowl. Blitz 5 Sec. / Speed 7. Scrape down, then melt 3 Min. / 37°C / Speed 2. Fill into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the beetroot, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl. Combine 30 Sec. / Speed 5. Scrape down. Then add the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, ground almonds, olive oil and dark chocolate and combine 20 Sec. / Speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. You can also take it out slightly earlier and serve it as a gooey dessert.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and serve warm or cold. Enjoy your Thermomix flourless beetroot chocolate tart!