Thermomix sleepy bath salts
We adore homemade gifts – it is such a beautiful way to express love and gratitude. But why stop at the edible kind? So many personal care and bathroom products can be easily whipped up with ingredients you’ve already got at home. And the best bit? No added nasties, just the ingredients that you want. Even though you won’t literally be drinking the bath water it is amazing what is absorbed through your skin – if in doubt just think about nicotine patches or hormone creams.
Bath salts are one of our favourite homemade gifts as it gives the recipient an excuse to take some time out just for them and to relax. We’ve got plenty of lavender which promotes relaxation and sound sleep, Himalayan salt to detoxify, Epsom salts which offer a big dose of magnesium to calm, bicarb soda to sooth and smooth skin and olive oil to moisturize. Taking a warm bath before bed also helps to promote deep sleep, as the body cools down it mimics the natural temperature drop when we fall asleep.
All the ingredients except the lavender flowers can be found at the supermarket which is super convenient! Make a batch for someone you love, and a second batch just for you. Add a cup to a hot bath, relax and soak for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 cups
2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
200g Himalayan salt
200g Epsom salts
200g bicarb soda
75g citric acid
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lavender oil
- Place lavender and Himalayan salt in TM bowl, mill for 5 seconds, speed 10.
- In a small cup mix together olive oil and lavender oil.
- Add Epsom salts, bicarb soda and citric acid to TM bowl, mix for 3 seconds, speed 5.
- Continue mixing for 1 minute, speed 3, while slowly dripping oil mixture in through the hole in the lid. Mixture should be well combined, resembling damp sand.
- Scrape down sides and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 3.
Transfer mixture to airtight glass jars or canisters and gift.