We are huge fans of anything quick, delicious and nutritious, which is why this recipe is one of our favourites! Kale season is nearly over, so make the most of it with this pesto pasta. Any pasta can be used, however we love buckwheat spirals as they are really good for you, but don’t taste it!
+ gluten free (option)
+ dairy free
200g frozen green peas
3 garlic cloves, peeled
100g olive oil
2 x limes, juice only
60g kale leaves
Large handful basil leaves
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 ½ tsp fine salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 handful mint leaves
30g black sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Add peas for the last minute and then drain with pasta.
- Place garlic in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add 50g olive oil, sauté for 5 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add remaining 50g oil, lime juice, walnuts, cashews, kale, basil, water, yeast flakes, coconut sugar, salt, onion powder, blend for 30 seconds, speed 8. Scrape down sides.
- Blend for a further 10 seconds, speed 6.
Toss pesto sauce with cooked pasta, peas and fresh mint. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Tip: Use gluten free or buckwheat pasta for a gluten free meal.