Thermomix pumpkin dip with a kick
This dip is as multipurpose as it comes, with a delicious creamy texture and spicy flavour. Enjoy it as a dip, pizza base, pasta sauce and on Mexican dishes such as tacos or enchiladas. This recipe makes a large portion so get creative with it!
+ gluten free
+ dairy free
Makes 3 cups
100g raw cashews
500g pumpkin, cut into cubes and skin removed
½ brown onion, peeled
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 jalapeno chili, halved
20g olive oil
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp stock concentrate
20g nutritional yeast flakes
½ lime, juice only
- Place cashews in TC bowl, mill for 10 seconds, speed 9. Set aside.
- Fill TC bowl with 500g water. Place pumpkin in steaming basket and steam for 15 minutes, steaming temperature, speed 3, or until pumpkin is soft. Set aside. Remove water and dry bowl.
- Place onion, garlic and jalapenos in dry TC bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil and spices, sauté for 5 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add stock concentrate, yeast flakes, lime juice, steamed pumpkin and milled cashews, puree for 1 minute, speed 8.
Refrigerate until ready to serve – this dip will thicken as it cools.