spicy broccoli pasta
The perfect quick meal for two, you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes! Our star ingredient broccoli forms the bulk of the sauce, enhanced with chilli, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and cheese – it’s a winning combination. Finished off with toasted pine nuts for creaminess and crunch, there’s nothing unsophisticated about this simple dish.
+ gluten free (use gluten free pasta)
250g orecchiette pasta
1 brown onion, peeled and halved
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 long red chillis, halved
100g olive oil
2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
1 lemon, juice only
1 ½ tsp fine salt
50g pine nuts, toasted
80g cheese, to serve (Parmesan, Pecorino, Feta, blue)
Chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place onion, garlic and chilli in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil, sauté for 5 minutes, 120°C, speed 1.
- Add broccoli, chop for 5 seconds, speed 4, or until finely chopped, assisting with spatula if necessary.
- Add lemon juice and salt, heat for 3 minutes, 80°C, reverse speed soft.
Toss broccoli mixture, pasta and pine nuts. Top with cheese and chilli flakes (if using) to serve.
Total time: 15 minutes.