Varoma Steamed Chocolate Puddings
This free recipe has been specifically designed to show you a perfect way to use our Dariole Moulds to create some amazing steamed chocolate puddings. These puddings are not your average dessert — they are light but decadent, and a perfect way to cap off a winter dinner party, or for cosying up on the couch on a particularly chilly evening. Because they’re steamed, you don’t need to worry about burning them, and they’ll stay perfectly moist, even after being refrigerated. And if you have any left over the next day (good luck!), they serve just as well cold as a mid-afternoon snack with some warm milky tea. This recipe makes six individually sized puddings, which, when made with our Dariole Moulds, fit perfectly in the Varoma steaming basket. If you don’t have Dariole Moulds, steam and serve the puddings in individual ramekins.
70g raw sugar
150g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
Chocolate ganache, to serve
Cream, to serve
Toasted nuts, to serve
- Place sugar in TM bowl, mill for 5 seconds, speed 9.
- Add flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt, mix for 5 seconds, speed 5. Set aside.
- Place butter in TM bowl, melt for 3 minutes, 60°C, speed 1.
- Add milk, egg and vanilla, mix for 4 seconds, speed 4.
- Add dry ingredients, mix for 5 seconds, speed 3. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further 3 seconds, speed 3. Divide mixture evenly between 6 greased dariole moulds. Bang moulds firmly on bench to flatten mixture and remove air bubbles.
- Fill TM bowl with 500g water. Place dariole moulds in lower Varoma steaming tray and cover with a layer of paper towel extending beyond the Varoma. Place lid on and pull paper towel tight to create tension.
- Steam for 20 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting moulds to remove puddings.
Serve puddings warm, drizzled with chocolate ganache, cream and toasted nuts.