Chocolate Rum & Raisin Thermomix Ice Cream
This recipe combines so many delicious things in one for an unbelievable flavour explosion – raisins and rum bring an intense flavour, while condensed milk, cream and chocolate make it super rich and creamy. This recipe needs to be made at least ten hours in advance, but use this to your advantage so you have plenty of time on a day of entertaining to concentrate on the main meal. You can even make it weeks in advance, and serve it straight from the freezer (and it will keep for months afterwards, in the unlikely chance there’s any leftovers).
VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE
70g dark rum
100g dark chocolate
400g sweetened condensed milk
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place raisins in TM bowl, chop for 3 seconds, speed 7.
- Add sultanas and rum, cook for 2 minutes, 100°C, reverse speed 1. Set aside.
- Place chocolate, condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt in TM bowl, heat for 2 minutes, 50°C, speed 3.
- Insert butterfly. Add cream, whip for 20 seconds, speed 4. Transfer to a shallow container and freeze for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours remove ice cream from freezer and, using a large spoon, fold through rum and raisin mixture. Return to freezer for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
Variation: Rum can be replaced with brandy for a Christmas flavour or Cointreau™ for a classic chocolate-orange flavour.
Quick Tip: Ice cream will keep for up to 3 months and will not freeze hard – perfect for serving straight out of the freezer when entertaining, or when in need of a decadent chocolate fix in a flash