Thermomix Healthy Jellies
While at first glance these jellies look like a sweet treat, they are packed with protein and healthy fats making them incredibly nourishing and satisfying. They are also great for gut health. Use as a midmorning or afternoon snack, or even a breakfast on the go!
Dairy free, Gluten free
200g coconut water
8 tbsp gelatin
400g coconut milk
300g orange juice
1 mango, flesh only
- Combine coconut water and 4 tbsp of gelatin in a cup. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place coconut milk in TM bowl, heat for 3 minutes, 70°C, speed 3, or until 70°C is reached.
- Add gelatin mixture, mix for 20 seconds, speed 4. Pour into a wide shallow container and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set.
- Once coconut mixture has set, combine remaining 4 tbsp gelatin and 200g orange juice in a cup. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place mango and remaining 100g orange juice in TM bowl, mix for 3 seconds, speed 7.
- Heat for 3 minutes, 70°C, speed 3, or until 70°C is reached.
- Add gelatin mixture, mix for 20 seconds, speed 4. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour on top of coconut layer and refrigerate until both layers are set.
Turn out jelly by peeling the edges away from the container. Use a sharp knife to cut into cubes and store in the fridge for up to five days.
Note: We recommend using a high-quality beef gelatin made from grass-fed cattle, produced for its health benefits. These products will be found in health food stores, rather than the baking aisle of the supermarket.
Variation: We have not added any sweeteners to this recipe, however you may want to depending on your tastes. White sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, xylitol etc can all be used (add at step 2 and 5 to taste), however the darker sweeteners will alter the colour of the final product.