Peanut Chicken Noodles - Thermomix recipes
Our peanut chicken noodles have all the flavour of an authentic stir-fry, but without the effort and mess! Simply steam everything in the Varoma while you put your feet up (or wash the dishes left from breakfast…). The sweet, salty, tangy, satay sauce will not disappoint!
Love this recipe? It is from our cookbook ‘Quick Dinners‘.
3cm knob ginger, peeled
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 long red chilli (optional)
150g roasted peanuts
20g brown sugar
50g coconut cream
2 chicken breasts, skinless, thinly sliced
700g fresh udon noodles
3 small heads bok choy, ends trimmed and halved
Fried shallots, to serve
Lime wedges, to serve
- Place ginger, garlic and chilli (if using) in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add peanuts, chop for 2 seconds, speed 6.
- Add sugar, tamari and coconut cream, heat for 2 minutes, 80°C, reverse speed 2. Set aside.
- Without cleaning TM bowl, fill with 500g water. Place chicken in lower Varoma steaming tray and top with noodles. Steam for 14 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3.
- Mix chicken and noodles using tongs to ensure even cooking. Place bok choy on top and steam for a further 3 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked.
In a large bowl, toss together chicken, noodles, bok choy and peanut sauce. Serve sprinkled with fried shallots and a squeeze of lime juice
Variation: If using unsalted peanuts, add salt to taste at step 3.
Quick Tip: Tamari is a gluten-free version of soy sauce that is full of flavour, although you can use regular soy sauce in its place. Tamari can be purchased from Asian grocers, health food stores and some supermarkets.