Thermomix Quiche Lorraine
Nothing is better for a cold, rainy day than a Quiche Lorraine. It is true comfort food and so easy to prepare. These little tartlets are the perfect portions for dinner and served with a side salad make a beautifully wholesome meal.
Time 1 Hour
Makes 4 mini tarts
175g plain flour + extra for dusting
100g unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
4 tsp cold water
200g bacon lardons
50g Gruyère cheese
200g double cream
200g Crème fraîche
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch salt
½ bunch chives, chopped
You will need
4 mini tart shells
ceramic baking beans
- Place the plain flour, unsalted butter, egg yolk and cold water in the mixing bowl. Mix 20 Sec. / Speed 6.
- Form into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each to a circle that is slightly bigger than your tart shells. Line each tart shell with the pastry and prick the base with a fork.
- Add some greaseproof paper on top of the shell and fill with ceramic baking beans.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking beans and place the tart shells aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, fry the bacon lardons in a frying pan until cooked through.
- Put the Gruyère cheese, chopped into large chunks, in the mixing bowl. Grate 5 Sec. / Speed 7. Pour in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the double cream, crème fraîche, eggs, nutmeg and salt in the mixing bowl and mix 10 Sec. / Speed 3.
- Divide the bacon, cheese and cream mixture evenly between the tart shells and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until set. Decorate with the chives and serve immediately.