Servings: Makes 24
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
This is the best Thermomix pecan shortbread if you are looking for something full of flavour and gluten free. They are the perfect snack size and make a beautiful addition to your afternoon tea menu. They store really well in a biscuit tin and you could even coat them in a bit of vegan chocolate.
Don’t you just love having a good biscuit at home? I personally love the idea of a fast and healthy Thermomix pecan shortbread recipe. This one is not only gluten free and vegan but also one of the fastest recipes from my new book It’s Teatime. The tester feedback was very clear “Wow, these were really great. I really liked the addition of fresh banana – kids & husband loved them and as I’m gluten intolerant was happy to have a GF recipe!” I think they deserve a go.
It’s Teatime is a true masterpiece. The ideal book for anyone who is looking to throw an unforgettable afternoon tea party at home or just make the most gorgeous looking bakes. From savoury bites to the most delectable cakes, this book is packed with inspiration for the ultimate treats. With 70 recipes, tips and tricks and a bit of history, you can use this Thermomix recipe book to make the ultimate afternoon tea.
- 50g pecan nuts
- 200g coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana, halved
- 150g raw cane sugar
- 300g gluten free plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Line two large rectangular baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place the pecans in the mixing bowl. Blitz 2 Sec. / Speed 5. Add the coconut oil, banana, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, salt and xanthan gum and combine 20 Sec. / Speed 6.
- Pour the mixture onto a floured surface and divide in half. Shape each half into a sausage shape approx. 5cm diameter and wrap in cling film individually. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. You can at this stage also freeze them for up to three months for later use.
- Remove the log from the freezer and unwrap. Cut into 1cm thick circles. Place on the prepared trays and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and leave to cool on a wire cooling rack before serving. You can store them in a biscuit tin for up to four weeks. Enjoy!