Food warmer tomato spaghetti
It doesn’t get more convenient than this – whip up your tomato and olive sauce in the thermomix or thermo cooker, pour it over your dry pasta and 40 minutes later dinner is served! Because it’s all done in one of our fantastic food warmers you can even pick it up by the handle and take it in the car with you! Thanks to the lockable lid there’s no fear or spills. By the time you reach your destination, dinner is ready and piping hot. Now that revolutionizes pot luck!
Let us show you step by step in this quick video:
+ dairy free (option)
+ vegan (option)
1 brown onion, peeled and halved
1 long red chili (optional)
4 garlic cloves, peeled
80g olive oil
200g black olives, pitted
1kg boiling water*
60g stock concentrate
20g balsamic vinegar
1 tsp fine salt
600g spaghetti or linguini pasta
50g baby spinach leaves
Handful fresh basil, leaves picked
Grated cheese, to serve (optional)
- Place onion, chili and garlic in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil, saute for 5 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add olives, chop for 2 seconds, speed 6.
- Add boiling water*, passata, stock concentrate, balsamic vinegar and salt, cook for 5 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 2, or until Varoma temperature is reached.
- Arrange spaghetti in the base of a 4.7L food warmer. Pour over tomato mixture and quickly replace the lid. Allow to stand, undisturbed, for 20 minutes.
- Using tongs, stir spaghetti and make sure it is all still submerged. Allow to stand, covered, for a further 20 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
Toss spaghetti with spinach and basil leaves and serve topped with cheese.
*If you have a TM31 or other type of thermo cooker with a smaller bowl, simply add 500g boiling water at step 4 and add the remaining 500g boiling water directly in the food warmer along with tomato mixture at step 5.