Thermomix no-chocolate chocolate cake
O-M-G this cake tastes of chocolatey heaven, without containing a gram of chocolate! It also doesn’t contain any gluten, dairy, eggs, grains or refined sugar, making it vegan and one of the healthiest cakes going around.
+ gluten free
+ dairy free
+ egg free
+ soy free (option)
+ refined sugar free
Makes 1 cake
300g raw almonds
60g cocoa powder
2.5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
120g macadamia oil
120g almond or soy milk
120g maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place flaxseeds in TC bowl, mill for 6 seconds, speed 9.
- Add almonds and cocoa powder, mill for 8 seconds, speed 8.
- Add baking powder, vanilla extract, water, oil, milk and maple syrup, mix for 4 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides and base.
- Mix for a further 4 seconds, speed 4.
- Line a 20cm cake tin and pour in batter. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in tin.
Turn out onto serving platter, garnish with no-chocolate chocolate frosting and serve.